Lab Technician (Part-time to Permanent Hire)
Job Description: Lab Technician (Part-time to Permanent Hire)
We are seeking a lab technician who works independently and takes initiative to maintain and support the operations of our lab. This is an individual contributor part-time temp hire to start with the potential to convert to a permanent hire.
Milagen is a privately held, late-stage, pre-commercial diagnostic company focused on commercializing easy-to-use, non-invasive, in vitro diagnostic products designed to fulfill unmet clinical needs in the prevention, detection, diagnosis, and management of major cancers. Milagen is in the final preparatory steps to seek regulatory validation of its Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) Laboratory and offer its products and testing services for early recurrence monitoring for breast and for colon cancer.
- Identify and implement process improvements across the lab by thinking critically about the execution of all tech operation activities.
- You will develop into a key resource to support the validation of the diagnostic products
- Design and execute experimental plans with guidance
- Perform verification and validation studies
- You will write & review data-driven technical summaries and test reports
- Maintain lab notebooks, analyze and present data at project meetings
- Follow guidelines and comply with all company safety, quality, and training procedures and regulations
- Provide lab support as needed
- Help train new employees as needed
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in medical technology, chemistry, molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, microbiology or a related field.
- Minimum: 2+ Years (M.S.) or 4+ Years (B.S.) of related experience
- Basic skills in laboratory techniques and demonstrated experience of following standard operating procedures
- 2+ years of laboratory experience in in-vitro diagnostics and assay development.
- Experience with nucleic acid sample preparation, including DNA/RNA extractions and target enrichment and handling samples like purified DNA, bacterial pellets, fresh and tissue material, blood etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with development, validation and troubleshooting and experience with broad range of specialty biomarker platform technologies: clinical chemistry, chemiluminescent technology/immunoassay (ELISA and Western-Blot), bio-analytical methods, and PCR molecular systems
- Knowledge of FDA quality system regulations and processes.
- Industrial diagnostic test development or support, Clinical Laboratory; Experience working in a regulated laboratory environment (CLIA, GLP/GCLP, IVD development).
- Ability to manage and contribute effectively to multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong work ethic, excellent written and communication skills
- Startup minded: high energy, low maintenance, self-starter that is comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Cultural fit: genuine, collaborative, innovative, and goal-oriented
Milagen is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.